Job Summary: Perform highly diversified mechanical (including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic) duties to install, trouble shoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and operational guidelines as well as preventative maintenance and production schedules.
- Ensure your own safety by always using designated personal protective equipment (PPE) and tools designed and rated for the task, complying with safety regulations and maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
- Assemble, install, and maintain production machines and facility equipment; perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts; checking fluid levels; replacing filters; or other preventative maintenance actions per schedule.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and perform unscheduled repairs of production machines and facility equipment in order to keep production running safely and efficiently.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, and plumbing.
- Complete the mechanical elements of projects resulting from corrective actions relating to safety and quality.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, work orders, and blue prints in order to complete repairs and maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Order parts, supplies, or equipment with direction of Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinate routine maintenance on the building such as painting, roofing, fixing doors, drywall or other parts of the building with outside vendors with direction of Maintenance Manager.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)
- High School Diploma / GED, completion of craft apprenticeship program, or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities in directly job-related experiences.
- Experience with industrial maintenance in a manufacturing setting, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems, required.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) preferred.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in a self-directed way to manage multiple demands of time and attention in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Want to join a growing organization that promotes from within and offers a great place to work? Click here to apply today!